Starting in September 2013, preschoolers will have fun learning about Patterns and Colors in the Wild. Your 3-, 4- or 5-year-old will meet once per week, Monday through Thursday, from September 9 to May 15.
During Fort Worth Zoo Preschool, children experience an activity-packed, three-hour class that includes unique and interactive animal activities. Students will learn about animals and conservation and develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills. Zoo Preschool is an immersive, hands-on environment where your child’s curiosity will fuel his or her learning experience.
Your Zoo Scholar will:
- Experience an activity-packed, three-hour class
- Participate in unique and interactive animal activities
- Learn about Zoo animals, both local and exotic
- Develop an appreciation and understanding for animal and habitat conservation
- Enjoy daily live animal presentations and trips into the Zoo
- Develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills
- Receive a Zoo Preschool T-shirt
Zoo Preschool Information:
- Classes are available for children ages 3 to 5
- Morning and afternoon weekday classes are available
- 32-week program, September through May
- Fort Worth Zoo members receive a tuition discount
- Zoo Preschool T-shirt included
- The student to teacher ratio is 7-to-1
- Students must be 3, 4 or 5 years of age before September 1
- Students must be toilet-trained
Class Sessions and Times:
- Curriculum rotates on a three-year cycle with each year focusing on one of the following topics:
- Habitats and Animal Homes
- Zoophabet: Animals from A to Z
- Animal Patterns and Colors
- Each class is three hours in length and meets once a week, from 9 a.m. to noon
or 1 to 4 p.m.
- Classes are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- If you would like your child to be placed in the same class as a friend, you must complete the “Buddy Request” form located within the online registration.
- Full-year tuition is $750 (Zoo members receive a 10 percent discount!)
- A payment plan is available. A $250 down payment is due at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be split into nine payments and charged monthly throughout the school year. This full-year payment option includes a $50 fee.
- Parents can register their child at any time during the school year at a pro-rated rate if openings are available
To join the Zoo Preschool waitlist, please click the registration button near the top of this page. A $5 fee will be charged. Waitlist registrants will be contacted throughout the school year as openings occur. If an opening becomes available, a member of the Zoo’s education department will contact the next waitlist registrant, who will have 24 hours to confirm registration. In the event your child is moved into the class, the $5 waitlist fee will be applied toward tuition. If your child is not moved into the class, the fee will not be refunded.
For more information, contact the Education Department:
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76110