New at the Zoo
There’s always something new and exciting happening at the Fort Worth Zoo! Take a look at what’s going on at the Zoo right now.
Junior Train Conductor Experience
Become a junior train conductor and ride the rails on the Yellow Rose Express Train at the Fort Worth Zoo. Participants will work alongside the Yellow Rose Express staff collecting tickets and greeting guests, clearing the train to leave the depot and ringing the bell at crossings. Participants will also receive an official certificate, train hat and safety vest and enjoy reserved seating.
- $60 includes two one- way train rides that begin at the Safari depot for the junior conductor and up to three additional riders. (Zoo admission tickets are not included.)
- Payment is required when reservation is made at Guest Relations and is nonrefundable. Subject to availability.
- The junior train conductor must be 5 to 12 years old and accompanied by an adult. No unescorted youth will be allowed.
- The junior train conductor experience is offered daily at 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., excluding the month of January 2015 and March 7 to 15, 2015. Book your Junior Conductor Experience through the Guest Relations office. Call 817-759-7337 for more details.
- In the event of inclement weather or a mechanical issue that prevents the train from operating, your Junior Conductor Experience will be rescheduled.
The Fort Worth Zoo has had an exciting year celebrating the arrivals of babies of all shapes, patterns and sizes, adding to the Zoo’s more than 7,000-member animal collection. From small bundles of joy to not-so-little ones, there is an exciting must-see for everyone this spring break at the Fort Worth Zoo.
Click on the images below to learn more about the Zoo’s newest residents.