What would your group say if you brought a penguin to your next school, church or civic event? What if you could have a program that was both entertaining and educational, and featured some of the “wildest wonders” you can imagine? You can with the Fort Worth Zoo’s Wild Wonders Outreach Program. These interactive animal presentations include natural history, habitat and other interesting facts about the Zoo’s animals.
Wild Wonders programs are available throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex from November through February.
- Program information and theme can be varied, and is geared toward the appropriate age level (Pre-K, K-2, 3-5, 6-8, high school).
- Five to seven animals are presented in each program, which lasts approximately 45 minutes. Pre-K programs are 30 minutes long.
- Programs are available at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call 817-759-7214 to make your reservation for Saturday and Sunday programs.
- These interactive programs provide an up-close experience with wildlife including birds, reptiles and mammals. Animals can be requested but not guaranteed.
- Wild Wonders programs are not considered a “petting zoo” and are presented by Animal Outreach Department specialists.
- Programs can be presented both indoors and outdoors with the appropriate set-up and contingency plans for inclement weather.
- Reservations must be made two weeks (14 days) in advance.
- Programs are also available for high schools, boy or girl scout groups, evening programs, PTAs, etc.
Program Cost Guidelines
|$300||Tarrant County Program (Pre-K)|
|$400||Tarrant County Program (grades K through 5)|
|$500||Program outside Tarrant County (up to one hour drive time from the Zoo)|
|$150||Additional hour (not applicable to Pre-K programs)|