Your tax-deductible gift will provide continuing care for the Zoo’s many residents. Your gift will also enhance Zoo education programs that teach children to be good stewards of wildlife and the environment. It will help sustain the Zoo, a safe place for families to experience wildlife in an exciting way.
At its core, the mission of the Fort Worth Zoo centers on three principles:
conservation, education and entertainment. By supporting the Fort Worth Zoo, you play a crucial role in that mission.
Your gift helps the Zoo:
- Invest $8.4 million into animal care, conservation and education programs
- Provide formal education programs to more than 162,000 students
and teachers annually
- Coordinate conservation programs in more than 30 countries
- House 42 federally endangered species
- Care for 98 participants of the Species Survival Plan (SSP), which manages endangered species including bongo, Jamaican iguanas and red-crowned cranes
- Breed seven species from the “Top 25 Most Endangered Turtles” list
- Remain an educational resource for the entire community
Learn more about the difference your support can make and how it reaches around the world, view the Zoo’s 2011 Year in Review.
An exclusive group of Fort Worth Zoo donors, you help support the Zoo’s operations by providing direct funding to the programs listed above. Annual Fund donors also receive special benefits including complimentary Zoo memberships, donor event invitations and recognition.
Local businesses that want to give back help support the Zoo’s mission by providing direct funding to the programs listed above. In return, companies receive special benefits, including complimentary Zoo memberships, donor event invitations and recognition.
Matching Employer Contributions
Matching employer contributions are a way to double or even triple your gift to the Fort Worth Zoo.
Memorial and Honorary Gifts
Memorial and honorary gifts to the Fort Worth Zoo are meaningful tributes to loved ones passionate about conservation and wildlife.
The Zoo’s memorial bench program offers a tangible way to celebrate a lifetime.
Planned giving is an excellent way to ensure a bright future for the Zoo.
Available to Texas residents only. The Fort Worth Zoo is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization. Contributions are deductible for federal and state income tax purposes as provided by law.
For more information, please contact the Development Department:
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76110