Join us Saturday, Nov. 12, for the seventh annual Pumpkins & Pancakes, an exclusive fall event to express our appreciation to Zoo members. Enjoy an early Zoo opening, pumpkin-and-fall-themed animal enrichment and free train and carousel rides! Tickets for an optional hot pancake breakfast are available for purchase.
Not a Zoo member? Click here for more information.
What is Pumpkins & Pancakes?
It is a Zoo member-only fall event with an early opening just for Zoo members and their guests, featuring pumpkin-and-fall-themed animal enrichment, FREE train and carousel rides all day, special keeper chats and an optional, paid breakfast.
When is the event?
Saturday, Nov. 12, 2016, from 8 to 10 a.m.
Who can come to the event?
Pumpkins & Pancakes
is an exclusive event for Zoo members and their guests. While member guests are allowed, they will be required to purchase a Zoo admission ticket. Guest tickets can be purchased at any ticket booth or at Member Services at the member discount of $3 off per general Zoo admission ticket the day of the event (ages 3 through 12).
How much is the event?
How do I get meal tickets?
- Pumpkins & Pancakes is free to Zoo members.
- Member guest tickets are $11 for adults and $8 for children(ages 3 through 12) and seniors (age 65 and older).
- Toddlers 2 and younger are free for members and guests.
- Guest tickets may be purchased at the ticket booth or Member Services the day of the event.
- Meal tickets are not included with Zoo membership or member guest tickets.
Meal tickets can be purchased online beginning Monday, Oct. 10 and will be available for purchase online until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9. OR
until sold out.
Tickets will be emailed within 30 minutes of purchase. If you do not receive an email with tickets attached, please check your junk or spam folder.
How many meal tickets may I purchase?
You may purchase one meal ticket per valid Zoo membership. You may also purchase up to six guest meal tickets per member household.
What time will breakfast be served?
Breakfast will be served from 8 to 10 a.m.
How much are meal tickets?
I bought meal tickets but now I/they can’t come. Can I get my money back?
- Meal tickets are $5 for member adults and children.
- Guest adult and child meal tickets are $10.
- All children age 2 and younger are free but must be accompanied by a meal ticket-holding adult.
- You do not have to purchase meal tickets in order to attend the event. However, meal tickets must be purchased by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 9 (or until sold out) if you want to partake in the pancake breakfast.
We’re sorry you won’t be able to join us, but Pumpkins & Pancakes
meal tickets are nonrefundable.
Will Texas Nature Traders be open for trades?
Yes! Please bring your trades!
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
Pumpkins & Pancakes
will take place rain or shine, however, some animal-related events may not occur due to weather.
Why didn’t I get anything in the mail about this event?
We did not mail an invitation to this event. Pumpkins & Pancake
s information will be advertised in the October issue of the member publication, roar!
, and an email will be sent to all members for whom we have an email address.
If you need to give us your email, click here
. We will never, ever sell or share your information. Ever.
Will I have to pay for parking?
Parking is always free for Zoo members. If you have guests attending, they will pay the $5 parking fee, provided they are coming in their own car.
I just looked at the schedule and there is no way I am going to be able to see all the things I want to.
Because of the size of the Zoo and the limited time frame, it is not intended for you to see and do everything. We are giving you the schedule ahead of time so you can plan out your morning to suit your interests.
Questions? Contact Member Services at 817-759-7333.