How to Apply/Job Opportunities – Application Process:
The Fort Worth Zoo only accepts applications and/or resumes for published open positions listed on the next page.
- Each position description lists the essential duties and qualifications of the position. Only those applicants meeting the minimum qualifications for a position will be considered.
- To apply online, complete the online application. Your application will be routed to the hiring manager for review.
- To apply by mail or fax, send a completed application or resume to: Fort Worth Zoo, Human Resources Department, 1989 Colonial Parkway, Fort Worth, Texas, 76110, or fax to 817/759-7251.
- If applying in person, please visit Human Resources Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Revenue Operations (located at the main entrance of the Zoo) Saturday – Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Resumes are accepted in place of an application initially. If chosen for a personal interview, applicants will be required to complete an application.
- Unless specified in the position announcement, position will remain open until filled.
- If you are a candidate for a current opening, we will contact you for an interview.
- Unfortunately, due to the number of applications and resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those who best match our current openings.
- Applicants applying for a position that requires driving a Zoo vehicle must have a valid Class “C” driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- The Fort Worth Zoo does not maintain an active database of applicants for review for future openings. If you are interested in a position that is posted in the future, it will be necessary to complete a new application.
- No phone calls please.
- The Fort Worth Zoo is a drug-free workplace. All applicants who are conditionally offered a position will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment. Any applicant with a confirmed positive test result will be denied employment.
- All final candidates for employment must successfully complete a criminal background check. A conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Other factors such as age at the time of the offense, and seriousness and nature of the violation will be taken into account.
- The Fort Worth Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or national origin.