Get ready for Boo at the Zoo! Enjoy treat stations, carnival games, animal shows and more. This entertaining daytime event is free with Zoo admission or membership and packed with fun for the whole family.
Boo at the Zoo is included with Zoo admission or membership.
Treat stations and carnival games at Boo at the Zoo require a treat coupon. Zoo guests and Zoo members will receive six Boo at the Zoo treat coupons (per admission ticket/Zoo membership) at the Zoo’s ticket booths at no additional cost. Additional treat coupons may be purchased for $3/six coupons at the ticket booth and in The Reserve, Safari Traders, the Special Events Pavilion and at the General Store in Texas Town. Treat coupons may be redeemed at treat stations throughout the entire park.
Zoo members can pick up their complimentary Boo at the Zoo treat coupons at Member Services or at any of the front gate ticket booths.
Pre-purchased ticket holders may stop at any ticket booth line to pick up the coupons.
purchase BOO AT THE ZOO ADMISSION TICKEts here
*** Please Note ***
Online Zoo admission tickets must be used within 30 days of date of purchase. No refunds, rainchecks or exchanges. If purchasing tickets for Wednesday, please see the Wednesday Only Admission section for pricing. Parking is not included in the price of the ticket. Parking is $5 per vehicle. If you are purchasing tickets for Boo at the Zoo (October 25 - 27) you will need to stop at any ticket booth line to pick up your treat coupons.
Halloween-themed activities and entertainment will be located throughout the Zoo for all guests to enjoy.
Boo at the Zoo map and handout forthcoming.
Boo at the Zoo is a family-friendly event; all costumes must be appropriate for all ages. For everyone’s safety, all adults must leave their faces clearly visible at all times – adults in heavy makeup or masks will not be allowed into the Zoo.
Boo at the Zoo will be held if there is light rain, but in the event or even threat of severe weather, such as lightning, hail or flooding, we will cancel the event and make notification via the website and our social media channels.
Trick-or-treat at treat stations located throughout the Zoo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Treat stations require a treat coupon.
- One coupon = 4 pieces of pre-mixed candy
- Zoo guests and members receive six Boo at the Zoo treat coupons per admission ticket/Zoo membership
- Treat coupons may be redeemed at any treat station
Additional Boo at the Zoo treat coupons may be purchased for $3/six coupons at the Zoo entrance, The Reserve, Safari Traders, the Special Events Pavilion and at the General Store in Texas Town.
Display Your Pumpkin in the Zoo’s Pumpkin Patch!
The Fort Worth Zoo’s Boo at the Zoo Pumpkin Patch is open to the public for entries! The Zoo will display pumpkins transformed into works of art created by members of the community. Decorate a pumpkin with paint, stencils, accessories – whatever you can dream up. (Because we don’t want your pumpkin to rot, please do not carve.) Please keep all material family-friendly. (No pumpkins of religious nature or politically themed pumpkins, please.)
All ages are welcome to apply. Only a select number of pumpkins will be chosen for display at Boo at the Zoo.
All items displayed must be the work of the pumpkin artist.
- Pumpkin artist must provide his or her own pumpkin and decorating materials.
- If your pumpkin is selected for display, you will receive one complimentary pass to Boo at the Zoo that can be used any of the three days: Oct. 25, 26 or 27.
- This is a juried pumpkin patch; unfortunately, not all entries will be chosen for display.
Send two to three low-res photos (preferably JPGs) of your entry to email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 18.
Please also include:
- “Boo at the Zoo pumpkin entry” in subject line.
- Title of your pumpkin art
- Name and age of the artist
- If your pumpkin is chosen for display and you would like it back after Boo at the Zoo, you may pick it up at the Zoo’s Administration Building during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) Monday, Oct. 28 through Friday, Nov. 1. Any remaining pumpkins will be disposed of at the end of the day Friday, Nov. 1.
- On Oct. 21 and 22, a Zoo committee will select pumpkins for display.
- On Oct. 22, all artists whose pumpkins were selected for display will receive an email notification.
A big thank you to Boo at the Zoo’s Presenting Sponsors
By sponsoring an event at the Fort Worth Zoo, your company will benefit from corporate exposure through advertising and collateral, including event signage, invitations, Zoo publications and our website. For more sponsorship information, please click here.