Boo is back, but with a drive-thru twist!
Get ready to Boo thru the Zoo! For the first time ever, we are inviting guests to drive their own vehicle through the Zoo’s main path (and even several behind-the-scenes areas of some of our most popular animal exhibits) while enjoying music, costumed characters, entertainment, treats, and encounters with wildlife along the way!
The health and safety of our guests, vendors, sponsors, and staff is our top priority. With sanitation and social distancing top of mind, we have made the decision to not cancel Boo at the Zoo this year, but instead, put a spin on our typical event and design a unique environment while keeping this beloved 29-year tradition alive. Join us Oct. 22 through 25, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Drive Thru Boo at the Zoo!
Advance ticket purchase is required for members and nonmembers. Members will receive 10 percent off tickets, food, and beverage. When tickets go on sale, you will purchase tickets for a designated arrival time slot (similar to our current online ticketing system).
|| Oct. 22, 23, 24 and 25
|| 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
| Member ticket:
|| $45/vehicle (on sale 9 a.m. CT, Oct. 1)
| Nonmember ticket:
|| $50/vehicle (on sale 9 a.m. CT, Oct. 2)
- Tickets are sold per vehicle, not per person.
- Reservations are available on a first come, first served basis. All sales are final, tickets are non-replacable and non-refundable.
- Guests who show up without a ticket will not be able to enter the event.
- While there will be the usual amount of candy, trick-or-treat stations will be combined into five stations, limiting contact to keep everyone safe. Therefore, treat coupons will not be necessary this year.
- We have limited capacity and expect this event to sell out. Be sure to save the date and purchase tickets as soon as they go live!
Rules to know before you go
There are lots of new things happening this year ... please read!
- All food and beverage are encouraged to be pre-purchased to allow for quicker lines. Look for these options when reserving your Drive Thru Boo at the Zoo ticket.
- Face masks are not required while in your vehicle. However, if you stop at any restrooms, face masks are required for those age 10 or older.
- Please allow extra time for traffic in order to arrive during your designated time slot. Fort Worth police officers will be onsite directing traffic and coordinating with Zoo staff to welcome guests into Drive Thru Boo at the Zoo as quickly as possible.
- Drive Thru Boo at the Zoo is rain or shine! In the event or threat of severe weather, such as lightning, hail, or flooding, we will cancel the event and make notification via the website and our social media channels. Otherwise, grab your rain gear, turn on your windshield wipers and join us!
- Wear your costumes! Adults, please keep your faces visible and free from any heavy makeup or masks.
- Keep your eyes peeled! Many of the animals along the main path are scheduled to be on exhibit. However, this is an after-hours event and animal sightings may not be guaranteed.
- Guests must remain in their vehicles for the entire duration of the event. Exiting the vehicle is only permitted when stopping at a designated restroom area.
- Two restroom stops are available during this event. The first will be port-o-potties located in the parking lot before you enter the park. The second will not be until you enter Texas Wild!, which is located 30 to 40 minutes from the entrance of the route. Please plan accordingly.
- RVs, limousines, monster trucks, Duallys, trailers and other large vehicles, as well as motorcycles, are not permitted.
- All tailgates, van/car doors and hatchbacks must remain closed. Riding in the back of a pickup truck is not permitted.
- No animals allowed – even inside the vehicle.
- Everyone in the car must have a seat belt. (No piling in, sharing seats or sitting on laps, please.)
- All guests must have a seatbelt on for the duration of the event.
- The speed limit throughout the park is no more than 4 mph.
- In order to be courteous to guests behind you, please enjoy the Halloween experience while keeping your car in motion.
- Follow the guided route throughout the event. Do not take side roads or engage in your inner explorer during this time.
- Loud noises, including honking, revving your engine, music, and yelling, are not permitted. Keep watch for signs letting you know when you are entering a “quiet zone.” This means animals could be close to your vehicle and are sensitive to loud noises.
- Do not feed the animals. They receive a specialized diet from zookeepers and our world-class nutrition department.
- There will not be trash cans available once you enter the park. Items you bring or accumulate in your car during the event must also leave with you as you exit Zoo grounds.
- If you have an emergency, please notify one of the staff members located along the route.
- The Zoo is a smoke-free facility, including electronic cigarettes.
- The Zoo is not responsible for any collisions or damage to your vehicle during the event.
- Please be sure to turn all bright lights, high beams, and flashlights off while entering the park.
For a complete list, of FAQs, click here.
A big thank you to Drive Thru Boo at the Zoo’s Presenting Sponsors
Sponsoring an event at the Fort Worth Zoo, your company will benefit from corporate exposure through advertising and collateral, including event signage, invitations, Zoo publications and our website. For more sponsorship information, please click here.