Starting in September 2016, preschoolers will have fun learning about Patterns and Colors in the Wild. Your 3-, 4- or 5-year-old will meet once per week, Monday through Friday, from September to May.
2016-2017 Zoo Preschool registration opens April 29 at 8 a.m.
During Fort Worth Zoo Preschool, children experience an activity-packed, three-hour class that includes unique and interactive animal activities. Students will learn about animals and conservation and develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills. Zoo Preschool is an immersive, hands-on environment where your child’s curiosity will fuel his or her learning experience.
Your Zoo Scholar will:
- Experience an activity-packed, three-hour class
- Participate in unique and interactive animal activities
- Learn about Zoo animals, both local and exotic
- Develop an appreciation and understanding for animal and habitat conservation
- Enjoy daily live animal presentations and trips into the Zoo
- Develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills
- Receive a Zoo Preschool T-shirt
Zoo Preschool Information:
- Classes are available for children ages 3 to 5
- Morning and afternoon weekday classes are available
- 32-week program, September through May
- Fort Worth Zoo members receive a tuition discount
- Zoo Preschool T-shirt included
- The student to teacher ratio is 7-to-1
- Students must be 3 years of age before Sept. 1
- Students must be toilet trained
- Students are grouped together ages 3-5 to enhance the development of both academic and social skills
Class Sessions and Times:
- Curriculum rotates on a three-year cycle with each year focusing on one of the following topics:
- Habitats and Animal Homes
- Zoophabet: Animals from A to Z
- Animal Patterns and Colors
- Each class meets for three hours once a week, from 9 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m.
- Classes are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. One Friday morning class is also offered.
- If you would like your child to be placed in the same class as a friend, you must register for the same class day and time.
- Full-year tuition is $850 (Zoo members receive a 10 percent discount!)
- A payment plan is available. A 30 percent down payment is due at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be split into eight payments and charged monthly throughout the school year. This full-year payment option includes a $50 fee.
- Parents can register their child at any time during the school year at a pro-rated rate if openings are available
Make animals of all shapes using the Zoo tangram – download to cut and create!
Waitlists will be available in late spring/early summer as classes begin to fill. A non-refundable $5 fee will be charged. Waitlist registrants will be contacted as openings occur. If an opening becomes available, a member of the Zoo’s education department will contact the next wait list registrant, who will have 24 hours to confirm registration.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, families will be notified about class cancellations via phone or email by 8 a.m. for morning classes and by noon for afternoon classes. You can also check the Zoo’s website for information regarding the status of the Zoo on inclement weather days. If the Zoo is closed for inclement weather, classes will be cancelled for that day.
For more information, contact the Education Department:
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76110