Your tax-deductible gift will provide continuing care for the Zoo’s many residents. Your gift will also enhance Zoo education programs that teach children to be good stewards of wildlife and the environment. It will help sustain the Zoo, a safe place for families to experience wildlife in an exciting way. At its core, the mission of the Fort Worth Zoo centers on three principles: conservation, education and entertainment. By supporting the Fort Worth Zoo, you play a crucial role in that mission.
Your gift helps the Zoo:
- Invest $9.8 million into animal care, conservation and education programs
- Provide formal education programs to more than 162,000 students
and teachers annually
- Coordinate conservation programs in more than 30 countries
- House 40 federally endangered species
- Care for 112 participants of the Species Survival Plan (SSP), which manages endangered species including the bongo, Jamaican iguana and red-crowned crane
- Educate and entertain more than 1 million guests at the Zoo each year, in addition to the formal education programs, summer camps and 7,100 first-grade students from Fort Worth ISD who make an annual visit
- Care for more than 7,000 animals, many of which are listed as endangered and threatened
- Share animal conservation messages coast-to-coast through online distance learning, including one single day of teaching 2,834 students in eight states
- Remain an educational resource for the entire community
Ways to Give
An exclusive group of Fort Worth Zoo donors, you help support the Zoo’s operations by providing direct funding to the programs listed above. Annual Fund donors also receive special benefits including complimentary Zoo memberships, donor event invitations and recognition.
Matching employer contributions are a way to double or even triple your gift to the Fort Worth Zoo.
Memorial and honorary gifts to the Fort Worth Zoo are meaningful tributes to loved ones passionate about conservation and wildlife.
Planned giving is an excellent way to ensure a bright future for the Zoo.
A corporate partnership with the Fort Worth Zoo is an outstanding way to promote your business while supporting a nationally recognized institution with nearly 1 million annual visitors.
Local businesses that want to give back help support the Zoo’s mission by providing direct funding to the programs listed above. In return, companies receive special benefits, including complimentary Zoo memberships, donor event invitations and recognition.
Available to Texas residents only. The Fort Worth Zoo is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization. Contributions are deductible for federal and state income tax purposes as provided by law. For further information, please contact the development department:
Fort Worth Zoo
1989 Colonial Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76110