The Fort Worth Zoo greatly appreciates your interest! As you know, our Zoo keepers and staff are very busy caring for the animals. So, due to the large volume of project and homework assistance requests received, we must limit student interactions. If you have general questions regarding the Fort Worth Zoo, our animals and/or staff, please click here.
For project or homework assistance, please be mindful of the following:
- Lots of information can be found on the Zoo’s website, specifically in the Frequently Asked Questions section and provided links. Always do your basic research first!
- Attend a Zoo keeper chat! Keeper chats provide guests the opportunity to learn more specific information about the amazing wildlife here at the Zoo. Come prepared with two or three questions for our Zoo keepers; they will be happy to assist you.
- Keeper chats are scheduled periodically throughout the day. Visit Guest Services, located near the Zoo entrance, for a current schedule when you visit.
- Students are welcome to complete projects and homework assignments from the Zoo’s public areas with the purchase of regular admission. Each Zoo exhibit includes an animal information sign that can be very helpful as you conduct your research.
- The use of any photography (still and video) is strictly limited to personal use. It cannot be used for reproduction or commercial use. If special assistance, commercial use of photography or additional "guest" space is needed, please contact the PR/Communications Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Zoo does not fill requests to have individual photos taken with animals. For guest safety, interaction with Zoo animals is completely restricted. With the purchase of regular admission, students are welcome to photograph animals in their exhibits for personal use.
- The Zoo does not provide keeper shadowing or behind-the-scenes opportunities for school projects or homework assignments. If your project requires an interview of a Zoo keeper or other staff member, please read the Fort Worth Zoo staff interviews.
- According to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulations, the Zoo is unable to fill requests for fecal, hair and feather samples, artifacts or pelts.
If you need additional project or homework assistance other than what is listed above, please be mindful of the following guidelines:
- All direct assistance with project or homework requests must be accompanied with the teacher or professor's direct telephone number and email address.
- Written questionnaires may be submitted within a minimum of two weeks advanced notice. Questionnaires must pertain to a specific Zoo occupation and are limited to FIVE questions. To submit your questions, please fill out the form below.