Run, walk, waddle or gallop through the Fort Worth Zoo’s 19th annual Zoo Run on April 2, 2016! Grab your friends and family – whether you participate in the 1K or 5K, there’s something for everyone.
Zoo Run Race Day Itinerary
|Saturday, April 2, 2016|
|6:30 to 7:30 a.m.||Registration|
|7:30 a.m.||1K Fun Run (starts and finishes at the 5K start line)|
|7:35 a.m.||Aerobic warm-up|
|8 a.m.||Timed 5K & 5K Fun Run (course closes after 1 hour and 15 minutes)|
|9 a.m.||Fort Worth Zoo Animal Outreach presentation|
|9:15 a.m.||5K awards ceremony|
Zoo Run features a USATF-certified course.
Entry Fees & Registration
|Individual||Early $25, Late (after March 21) $30,
Race Day $35
|School groups (K-12)||$18 per person, 10-person min. by March 21|
|Teams||$20 per person, five-person min. by March 21|
|Timing device (optional)||$3|
|Zoo members receive a $2 discount|
School Groups (K-12) Registration
- Minimum of 10 people per school group.
- School group registration must be submitted online or in person by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 21.
- Runners registering after March 21 must register as individuals.
- The Fort Worth Zoo pre-assembles all school groups’ bibs, T-shirts and runner packets. The team captain (or someone designated by him/her) must pick up the entire group together at Sports Authority.
- For questions about registering a school group, please call 817-759-7382 or email email@example.com.
- Minimum of five people per team.
- Teams must register by Monday, March 21.
- Runners registering after March 21 must register as individuals.
- Individuals may opt to pick up their runner bag as an individual or allow their team captain to pick up for the group.
- For questions about registering a team, please call 817-759-7382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 28 through April 1
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fort Worth Zoo
Located in the parking lot across from the Forest Park soccer fields
If you’re driving east on Colonial Parkway from University Drive, packet pick up will be on your left. If you’re driving west on Colonial Parkway from Forest Park Drive, it will be on your right. Just follow the signs and we’ll see you there!
You are strongly encouraged to pick up your runner packet before Race Day. T-shirt sizes
are not guaranteed the last day.
Race Information & Guidelines
- Click here to download the Zoo Run 2016 Fact Sheet.
- Early registration guarantees a Zoo ticket, race bag, T-shirt*, as well as a timing chip, if desired. *T-shirt sizes based upon availability.
- Race bags, T-shirts and timing chips are not guaranteed if you register on Race Day.
- Races include a Timed 5K, a 5K Fun Run and a 1K Fun Run.
- The 5K course will close after 1 hour and 15 minutes. Runners finishing after the time limit will be pulled off of the course for safety purposes.
- For safety purposes, all strollers must move to the back of the start line in the Timed 5K and 5K Fun Run. Staff members will enforce this rule for the safety of all participants.
- No pets allowed on course.
- No bicycles or inline skates allowed.
- The Fort Worth Zoo is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Limited parking is available in the Zoo’s main parking lot via Forest Park Blvd. Colonial Parkway will be closed to all thru traffic. Please look at the parking map for additional parking options.
- Colonial Parkway will be closed to all thru traffic.
- Please allow as much as an hour for parking.
- Visit the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) website for traffic information.
- Zoo Run will be timed by RunFar Racing Services.
- The timing device used for the Zoo Run is a B-tag and is located on the back of your runner bib. Do not remove the device from the bib. It must be on the outside of clothing to activeate
- Timing devices are $3 and optional.
- Timing devices are only guaranteed to those participants who register before Race Day and pick up early.
- Runners that do not begin the race within 15 minutes of the start time may not be timed properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a Zoo Run schedule and more information.
Still have questions? Click here for a list of Zoo Run FAQs.
PLEASE NOTE: Competitive awards will only be given to participants in the Timed 5K. The 5K course will close after 1 hour and 15 minutes. Runners finishing the race after the time limit will be pulled off of the course for timing and safety purposes.
- Masters and Overall for male and female
- Top three male and female finishers in the following age categories: 0 to 6, 7 to 8, 9 to 11, 12 to 13, 14 to 16, 17 to 19, 20 to 24, 25 to 29, 30 to 34, 35 to 39, 40 to 44, 45 to 49, 50 to 54, 55 to 59, 60 to 64, 65 to 69, 70 to 74, 75 to 79, 80+
- The largest school group and largest team will receive an award.
New for 2016 – Costume Awards
Do you belong in a zoo? Or can you at least look like you do? Can you and your team run, run so far away, run all night and day like a Flock of Seagulls? Maybe your troop wants to dress up as a gorilla and a bunch of bananas? Has it always been your dream to wear a ZOOniform?
This year YOU CAN dress like a TOUCAN by making your costume a MANE attraction! We want to make Zoo Run even more fun. So, we are inviting participants to dress up like their favorite Zoo animal and participate in the first-ever Zoo Run Costume Contest. We’ll have first, second and third place winners, plus, winners for a couple of categories that we’ll think up just for the occasion.
A few rules:
- Remember, this is a family event. Keep it G-rated.
- Adults – your face must be visible at all times – this is for your own safety during the race and for the safety of all guests.
- You must wear your race bib on the front of your costume so they are visible.
- We will have a booth set up on Race Day – you/your team must get a photo taken if you would like to be considered for a prize. Judging will take place in the week after the race and winners will be announced on the Zoo’s Facebook page.
Go green at Zoo Run – recycle your e-waste!
Bring any of the following items to the Fort Worth Zoo’s conservation tent on Race Day:
- Cell phones
- Inkjet/laser cartridges
- Video games/consoles
- Digital cameras
- PDAs/Palm Pilots
- DVD movies
You can also drop these items off at Guest Relations at the Zoo’s main entrance any day of the year. Your recycling efforts reduce landfill waste and help earn money for conservation and animal enrichment at the Fort Worth Zoo! For more information on the Zoo’s recycling program, click here.
Special thanks to the 2016 Zoo Run sponsors.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
By sponsoring an event at the Fort Worth Zoo, your company will benefit from corporate exposure through advertising and collateral, including event signage, invitations, Zoo publications and our website.
For Zoo Run sponsorship benefits and costs, please click here or call 817-759-7332.