Starting in September 2019, preschoolers will have fun learning about Patterns and Colors in the Wild. Your 3-, 4- or 5-year-old will meet once per week, Monday through Friday, from September to May.
REGISTER FOR PRESCHOOL 2019-2020
Registration for Zoo Preschool 2019 - 2020 opens online on May 1 at 8 a.m.
During Fort Worth Zoo Preschool, children experience an activity-packed, three-hour class that includes unique and interactive animal activities. Students will learn about animals and conservation and develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills. Zoo Preschool is an immersive, hands-on environment where your child’s curiosity will fuel his or her learning experience.
Your Zoo Scholar will:
- Experience an activity-packed, three-hour class
- Participate in unique and interactive animal activities
- Learn about Zoo animals, both local and exotic
- Develop an appreciation and understanding for animal and habitat conservation
- Enjoy daily live animal presentations and trips into the Zoo
- Develop social, language, artistic and cognitive skills
- Receive a Zoo Preschool T-shirt
Zoo Preschool Information
- Classes are available for children ages 3 to 5
- Morning and afternoon weekday classes are available
- 32-week program, September through May
- Fort Worth Zoo members receive a tuition discount
- Zoo Preschool T-shirt included
- The student to teacher ratio is 7-to-1
- Students must be 3 years of age before Sept. 1
- Students must be toilet-trained
- Students are grouped together ages 3-5 to enhance the development of both academic and social skills
Class Sessions and Times
- Curriculum rotates on a three-year cycle with each year focusing on one of the following topics
- Habitats and Animal Homes
- Zoophabet: Animals from A to Z
- Animal Patterns and Colors
- Each class meets for three hours once a week, from 9 a.m. to noon or 1 to 4 p.m.
- Classes are available once a week, Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- If you would like your child to be placed in the same class as a friend, you must register for the same class day and time.
- Full-year tuition is $1000 (Zoo members receive a 10 percent discount)
- $100 nonrefundable registration fee
- A payment plan is available. A 50% down payment is due at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be split into four payments and charged monthly September through December. This full-year payment option includes a $50 fee.
- Parents can register their child at any time during the school year at a pro-rated rate if openings are available
Wait lists will be available online in late summer. A non-refundable $5 fee will be charged. Wait list registrants will be contacted as openings occur. If an opening becomes available, a member of the Zoo’s education department will contact the next wait list registrant, who will have 24 hours to confirm registration.